Sunday, January 4

Saturday in the City

After a savory dinner at La Madeleine, I feel it is appropriate to say bonjour! Yesterday I spent the day visiting my Nana in Dallas and exploring her side of the city! We started our day with driving around her old college campus, Southern Methodist University, giving me an impromptu tour! The architecture and layout of the campus was incredibly beautiful and I was very impressed! We even took a trip down Sorority Row and I learned all about my Nana's ΔΓ roots (totally making me a legacy)! SMU seems like a wonderful university, but it is much too close to home for me to consider attending. Our next stop was La Madeleine - my favorite French bistro. I ordered a cup of tomato basil soup, a caesar salad, half of a French dip sandwich, and a sacher torte parfait to top off dessert. Delicious.


My outfit for the day consisted of a black and white striped dress from Forever 21 and a barbour jacket from Marshalls. I am currently obsessed with this kind of jacket-it is so versatile and on point with the military trend. I paired the ensemble with some leopard print flats from Target I've owned for ages. Also continuing the middle part in a low pony. Kinda diggin it.


To accessorize this look, I wore my favorite necklace: a J. Crew inspired rose necklace from Esty which you can purchase HERE. I wear this piece all the time and find myself wearing it casually and on dressier occasions. I also sported my stud pearl earrings that you will pretty much never catch me without! I went a little arm candy crazy with this beautiful watch from Nordstrom, David Yurman inspired turquoise cable bracelet I found in New Mexico, Alex and Ani inspired "S" bracelet that my friend Macy actually got for me as a gift from ACE HARDWARE (literally, who would've guessed?), and a BCBG bangle with a charm reading "You are my sunshine". Sorry y'all can't see the charms on the bangles, but I'm sure they'll make another appearance. I carried a crossbody bag my aunt got for me in New York with a Tory Burch emblem (the kind that you literally get on the street) (my aunt rocks).


As this post and winter break wraps up, I am valuing the importance of spending time with my family. Approaching my senior year, I am constantly reminded that I don't have that much longer of living at home and seeing my family on a regular basis. I have had a wonderful holiday season surrounded by my loved ones and some fabulous clothing to go with it.
Yours truly, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment